Global Mindanaw Polytechnic, Inc. (GMPI) is a proud member of the Balay Mindanaw Group of NGOs and focuses on education through the provision of Technical and Vocational Courses. GMPI was registered in the Securities and Exchange Commission in November 14, 2011. It began acquiring its program registration or the Unified TVET Program Registration and Accreditation System (UTPRAS) from the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) in 2012. GMPI aims to harness the skills, mold the characters and transform the lives of young and less-fortunate individuals by developing them into globally competitive, resilient, excellent and tradable skilled Mindanawon entrepreneurs. In order to achieve this and to provide quality education, GMPI utilizes a Holistic Training Approach that develops skills, values, leadership and entrepreneurship.
GMPI is also proud to be the only technical – vocational institution integrating peace and conflict management, financial literacy and entrepreneurship as part of its course modules.
GMPI is also actively involved in the Disaster Risk Reduction, Resiliency-building and Emergency Assistance Mission (DREAM) Program of the Balay Mindanaw Group. Its primary task within the DREAM continuum is the provision of skills training and human resource development in the disaster affected communities.
GMPI traces its origins to being an area-based operation team of Balay Mindanaw Foundation, Inc. (BMFI) in Gingoog City. It was conceptualized and implemented with the support and guidance of Katilingbanong Pamahandi sa Mindanaw Foundation, Inc. (KPMF). It gradually spun-off as a separate organization from BMFI and KPMFI in 2011, focusing on human resource development and skills training through technical – vocational program of communities in the city of Gingoog as well as neighbouring towns.
GMPI shares the BalayMindanaw Group’s shared vision of equity, development and peace in Mindanao, the Philippines and the World.
GMPI’s mission is as follows:
- To help build a community of globally competitive, resilient and tradeable skilled Mindanawons and Filipinos.
- To help promote peace through livelihood, skills development.
- To help produce globally competitive, professionals, trainable and tradeable skilled Mindanawons and Filipino workers.
- To build partnership with like-minded and like-hearted institutions across Mindanaw, the Philippines and the World.
- To ensure the sustainability of our programs, we partner with like- minded and like-hearted institutions that include technical – vocational, financial institutions and recruitment firms coming from public and private sectors.
Our Core Values
GMPI is committed to the following shared core values with KPMFI:
- We Value Historicity
- We know and we are proud to claim that we are sons and daughters of Balay Mindanaw
- We know that our mission is a natural evolution of our work in Balay Mindanaw to continually build model to achieve of our Vision of Equity, Development and Peace
- We remember how the our founding fathers/mothers toiled so hard make our organization continually relevant to the call of the times and sustainable
- We continually ask “how can we provide services that are low cost but high in value”
- We strive hard to teach the value of entrepreneurship to our clients as we also teach ourselves and our family members
- We fully believe, entrepreneurship in one of the best tool to end poverty
- We believe in our intentions and therefore we strive to be first in things that we passionately believe about
- If we are not the first, we will be the first to introduce innovations in order to change the rules of the games we believe are unjust that favors the few
- As we lead, we will focus on problem solving and never do problem passing
- We will strive hard to offer solutions to problems that are considered difficult to solve
- We believe the more happy we are, the more productive we become as volunteers
- We value celebration, either success or failure, as our way of remembering our struggles to achieve our vision and mission
- We will provide spaces for ourselves and our clients to celebrate important milestones both victories and failures to keep us grounded and guided by our historical evolution
- Apart from being innovators, we choose to break accepted norms that we think have come past its relevance and have been unconsciously supporting the unjust status qou
- We will introduce counter-cultures that we feel and think will level the playing field for the poor
- This is our sense revolutionizing how we feel, look and act on things
- We believe that having a heart and a culture of a volunteer makes us spiritually grounded in our daily encounters with challenges and difficulties
- We believe that faith in our mission and organizational intentions are anchored in our spiritual self
- We believe that our work is not just like any other work, or for the sake of having a work to raise a family or to live decently, it’s a our daily offering to our Creator
We believe that fulfilling our mission is fully aligned to plan of the Creator to make this world a better place to live for us and for the generations to come